Sports Babble - sports forum
Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 (/showthread.php?tid=7751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - bomberbrown1968 - 04-11-2018

A few weeks ago Worldclass achieved the dubious honor of being the first one in the PL to get the absolute minimum score, since then he has I believe been in the top 2 each week!!!  This week he leads the way with a fine 22 points, getting 7 predictions correct in some way with a CS Gamball and CR Bonus ball.  Closely behind him is SCO with 21 points on the back of his two correct scores being the Gamball and BB!!  Derby rounds out the top 3 with 20 points, and rounds out this weeks PL maximum Gamball points winners along with the top 2.

Bit of a gap then down to Zinman with 13 points, Sanjay on 12 and Beefy on 10.  Nothing too remarkable here, Zinman saved points by getting the Gamball wrong but not playing it either, would be interesting to see if this tactic is working for him as he seems to get it wrong when he doesn’t play it and right when he does!! Sanjay picked up points on both balls but little else and Beefy scored a weeks high 6 correct results but no correct scores and missed the Gamball.

The weeks bottom dwellers were BBB with 6 points, Snooty on 5, Amelia on 2 and our PL leader going into this week Matt who would actually have scored 1 more point than he did if he has not bothered predicting at all!!!!  All 4 of these predictors missed on the Gamball and the BB, and as we all know getting nothing from them negates most other things you do!!!

Could be some movement in the table this week due to the 22 point gap between 1st and last, and especially with the leader having a mare, we await the posting of the table from Bomber!!

Cheers
SCO

It’s taken eleven weeks but we have a new leader at the top of the table and only the third occupier of top spot this season is St Charles, climbing 2 places and who got maximum points from the 3 points boosting balls to pull 8 points clear at the top from BBB who managed hold on to 2nd spot despite a lowly week.

Matt has been well and truly ousted after heading the table for 11 weeks to find himself down in 3rd after failing to add to his tally this week and could be coming under pressure from Worldclass who has added 58 points, nearly half his seasons score, in the last 3 weeks posting a seasons best this week.

Beefy slips a place down into 5th after another substandard week and we have to wonder if the new boy to the league has been found out now by his rivals, one of which Zinman is now only a couple of points away in 6th.

Sanjay is still well in touch in 7th as is Derby who passed the century mark climbing a place to 8th and neither can be discounted as there are only 28 points covering these top 8.

Amelia had the 100 landmark in the bag until the dreaded Gamball took her below it again, while Snooty the Premierships other new boy is struggling to make his mark in this league sitting 16 points adrift.

Bomber

Sadly there were 3 no-shows this week in the Championship, or 17 if you include the Baggies.It was also a week which produced not a single extra score ball point - strange given that half of this week's matches saw both teams scoring. Quite a wide spread of scores with the season's best performers all leading the way once again.

Top is Themaclad, crucially gaining maximum points on the gamball - the only player to do so this week. Bomber did slightly better than last week (in case anyone's forgotten he scored a memorable minus 1) to come in 2nd, helped by the only correct bonus ball score and also getting the gamball result right. Quantum was close behind in third, wisely choosing not to play the gamball (presumably he doesn't get quite as excited as Beefy by doing so). Worth a mention was Quantums decision to play the score ball on Stoke v Pulisborough - surely the longest of long shots? 4eva was the only other player to score points on the gamball, reaching double figures for the week to cement 4th place.

Twerton sits in mid-table with a respectable 8 points from 5 correct result predictions including his bonus. Poor ball play from Baggie_One left him some way behind on just 3 points but still above Joker who, but for the no-shows, would have been sitting in his usual position at the foot of the table.

Zin

A decimated week in the championship as nearly a third of the players went AWOL, which should have allowed those who did play to climb into positions above them, sadly that wasn’t the case and the table looks exactly as it did last week.

Themaclad continues to set the pace as he has done all season as he extended his lead at the top to 8 points over Quantum in 2nd who continues to press our leader with a second consecutive return of 15 points for the week.

He leads 3rd placed Bomber, (who despite the minus last week still has considerably more points than Zinman) Tongue , by 3 points and edged out a further 7 point lead over 4eva in fourth who suffered his tenth bonus Ball set back of the season, which have cost him 18 points so far.

5th and 6th are still occupied by two of our absentees this week, turkeydinner & Stairs.

BaggieOne in 7th did close the gap to a solitary point but will probably see this as a missed opportunity with a lowly score this week, as Twerton in 8th inched closer and further away from the bottom 2.

We probably need to send out a search party for Spirite missing for the fifth time this season, though he does still hold onto 9th ahead of Joker who will be hoping that the next two thirds of the season go a lot better than the first third.

Bomber

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - Zinman - 04-11-2018

Beefy's gone very quiet.....playing with his gamball perhaps?

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - Arcane Astral Aeons - 04-11-2018

he will blame it on the shifting sea tides
the alignment of certain planets
sunspots,the cold weather,impending brexit
the scorers and the the conspiracy that no-one wants him to win

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - bomberbrown1968 - 04-11-2018

(04-11-2018, 23:02)The Quantum Enigma Wrote: he will blame it on the shifting sea tides
the scorers  and the the conspiracy that no-one wants him to win

Or he could surprise us and finally admit he's out of his depth, pi55 poor and on the slide, quicker than a toddler at a playground Tongue

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - Arcane Astral Aeons - 04-11-2018

wasnt mentioned i was the only one who got the baggies result correct

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - Beefy 1965 - 05-11-2018

(04-11-2018, 23:31)bomberbrown1968 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 23:02)The Quantum Enigma Wrote: he will blame it on the shifting sea tides

Or he could surprise us and finally admit he's out of his depth, pi55 poor and on the slide, quicker than a toddler at a playground  Tongue

You guys Rolleyes
You do know I was towards the bottom this time last Year
Did I say its a marathon not a sprint ? or ..........
The cream always rises to the top ?
Nope ? Ok ill say it again ..........
Not really, Laugh
Out of my Depth , MMMM but im halfway and above Zinman that makes him ?
I don't blames tides Oceans or anything Gareth, the gamball i was brave enough to go for the underdog to gain ground not the safe option or chicken out completely like one or two others Whistle
Anyway a big score is just around the corner you have been warned Thumb up

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - Arcane Astral Aeons - 05-11-2018

(05-11-2018, 00:24)Beefy 1965 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 23:31)bomberbrown1968 Wrote:

Or he could surprise us and finally admit he's out of his depth, pi55 poor and on the slide, quicker than a toddler at a playground  Tongue

You guys  Rolleyes
You do know I was towards the bottom this time last Year
Did I say its a marathon not a sprint ? or ..........
The cream always rises to the top ?
Nope ? Ok ill say it again ..........
Not really,  Laugh
Out of my Depth , MMMM but im halfway and above Zinman that makes him ?
I don't blames tides Oceans or anything Gareth, the gamball i was brave enough to go for the underdog to gain ground not the safe option or chicken out completely like one or two others  Whistle  
Anyway a big score is just around the corner you have been warned  Thumb up

you aint cream beef boy..more like sour milk
a big score around the corner?
your like..sitting in a chair in a square room

Maybe i should have said round the bend ........ like you and Bomber Tongue

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 12 - St Charles Owl - 05-11-2018

Beefy, I right with you mate!! You keep going down the admirable route of backing the underdog on the Gamball, I for one will week after week applaud your clean conscience on that one despite it costing you so many points!!! As you say the cream always rises to the top, so true for those of you swimming in the milk at the moment, I’ll take care of the current cream for you and maybe by the time you get there I will have graduated into the cream of creams - clotted cream!!!

But as you so rightly say, you are above Zinman and I know that is the primary focus for you this season and again I applaud your efforts to keep just above him. I will do all I can to make sure that Zinman can get nowhere near the top, and I am happy to know you will be right behind me helping make sure he stays way below the top!!! You make sure to act as a rearguard to my push for the top, I am counting on you to help us achieve a great “team” win!!!

Do I trust a Owl ?
Nope Laugh