Sports Babble - sports forum
Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018 - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Huddersfield Town (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+----- Thread: Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=7746)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018 - theo_luddite - 03-11-2018

[Image: 7KBIBBqWGTkA7_JEG-De85nWazZAcksJr_88vQ0b...01-h140-no]

Huddersfield Town v Fulham
Premier League
Monday Night Football
Thanks Sky for trying your best to make me miss it but I will be there
20:00 Kick Off
(I'll be home late)
HD1 (you know the rest)

Last weekend

After Town played well for 10-15 minutes before we threw the towel in, the performance somewhat pailed into insignificance as news trickled through before the match of what had happened to Glen Hoddle in the Sky Studio's and after to the Leicester Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, his guests and helicopter crew. We can only echo the thoughts, sentiments and generally best wishes that have been the topic of many a news reel and social media chat this week.

This weekend

We will no doubt be honouring the lives of those lost last weekend before the match kicks off, hopefully everyone will be as respectful as they usually are.

Glenda is apparently responding well to treatment and requires more by-passes in his heart than Spaghetti Junction, but will survive to return to his TV punditry. He was kept alive by a trained first aider until the ambulance paramedics arrived and took over. I've been on many a first aid courses over the years, since I was a teenager, and other than the odd cut finger and minor burn I've only had to do the same thing once, one Christmas Eve a few years back. Same thing, kept him going until the blue light chaps arrived.

If you're offered the chance to go on a first aid course through work - do it. If not, just do it anyway. Two or three days is all it takes and nobody fails the course. Like me, you might only have to use it once in anger, but it could be a family member or your best mate you use it on, never mind some stranger lying in a pool of slush and snow.

We're on the tellybox

If you can't get Sky, or live abroad, pick your favourite channel or feed from this lot.
https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3018788/huddersfield-town-vs-fulham/

The match

You have to wonder when Sky picked this match, whether it was due to the two hammerings Fulham gave us in our promotion season, or if they genuinely realised it would be between the two sides with the worst form in the division. Both clubs will be targeting this as a 'must win' or 'get something from' match. If the Coaches aren't, the fans are.

[Image: xn1ucO56_I7d71_R3dfVlUZHzTgKc-FllDs9B3j_...88-h528-no]

Only Wimbledon Wombles have a worse 6 match form record than us two in all 4 divisions, with 6 consecutive defeats.

Results wise, they eventually got a win at the third attempt, beating Burnalee 4:2 and followed that up with a 2:2 draw at Brighton. It's been mostly downhill since then.

[Image: m42-QplgmjudcUnn9Ams0kVhF3eSk3U9kn3mcx14...11-h363-no]

[Image: iTksTBqQKAWkieDMJuITLEEzazBLNvEZblBw0hfy...09-h416-no]

They have also tasted victory a couple of times in the Carabooboo Cup but haven't translated that into any kind of league form.

Town on the other hand, do I need to remind you? are STILL looking for our first win and first goal at home of the season. Season? First since we beat Wotfud with a rare Paul Ince goal last season.

[Image: ZQTKe-cU9vpoGoL5xqM_hm0BUH9zibhMYBxYzaI5...07-h363-no]

We've played 'em before

As you will recall, we were thumped 5-0 at theirs, despite playing well, and 4-1 at ours where they responded to almost every attack we made with a goal, or so it seemed at the time. As good as they were against us at the time, they were almost as inconsistent as that lot down the road. After looking like they'd make a decent push for a top 2 slot they eventually just made a top 6 slot and then blew the play-off chance against Reading. Wagbo having erm, expertly(?) steered us into a play-off position (that confounded all the pundits all the way to Wemberlee and beyond) that meant we could only face them in the Final decider, which it wasn't to be.

They of course regrouped and came up via the final last season, beating Aston Vanilla in a game I didn't see so I can't comment on.

Head2Head
We are level for devils, with Fulham having a slight edge in the League and Town not having been beaten by them in the Cups. Can we make this an early 3rd Round FA Cup match then?

[Image: EnQ9nULj6ifdQtR9Fys2b8thiTZVXHNVWDc0mTVL...82-h651-no]

So are we expecting fireworks then?

Well, the date kind of fits.  Whistle

[Image: qeSIEKcQwf7DANykU55f4mxA-GprtvjnyzelFAkD...04-h529-no]

The players shouldn't need a rocket up their arses, but hopefully they got one after last week. Any more performances like damp squibs will surely mean a few new faces will come to Town in the January transfer window and a few under achievers will find themsleves looking at a loan to the likes of Fleetwood, Bradford or Accrington Stanley. Not sure what those clubs will have done wrong to deserve them but you get the gist.

Just remember folks, leave your sparklers, penny bangers and air bombs at home - we don't need them in the ground.

Famous Fans

Fluham seem to have a WIKI list that's as long as your arm. They seem to have more famous fans than season ticket holders.

One or two include the tallest bloke in the BBC, Richard Osman. He has to sit on a bucket when they film Pointless so he fits on the telly screen.
[Image: image.jpg]

If you have the misfortune to sit behind him don't waste your time asking him to sit down, he already is.

Here's a few others, see how many you can name.

[Image: 180?cb=20090503074228] [Image: sharonduce.jpg?resize=612%2C381] [Image: KVGcpKLH_400x400.jpg] [Image: latest?cb=20110630220421] [Image: DGt2ikxx_400x400.jpg] [Image: 220px-Ralph_McTell.jpg] [Image: 220px-Dusty_Springfield_%281966%29b.png] [Image: a7f6e490d1581d203981b1f058217711.jpg]  [Image: 41O28y%2BCikL.jpg] [Image: _85487130_citizensmith_bbc.jpg]

The last two are characters, not the actors themselves.

He wants to buy Wemberlee you know

Who does?

Fulham Chairman and owner of Jacksonville Jaguars Shahid Khan
[Image: 220px-Shahid_Khan_2015.jpg]

Why?
Well Craven Cottage isn't big enough for Fulham anymore, plus the old stands still have roof supports that get in the way. That and he wants to move Spurs out of Wembley.

But what will happen to the famous old cottage?
It might fit in one of the corners of Wembley, but just in case it doesn't, Lego have offered to make a scale model.

[Image: craven-cottage.jpg]

Who's banging in the goals?

Mitrovic and Schürrle will need watching
[Image: 9AtchxTCP69h4J-S85ilXZtXTqPKtWXFoctB2TtR...08-h343-no]

Where are we both now?

The wrong side of the trap door
[Image: AAMMykW5BfSsXWM1WHkOJqmoWOqhAwlxd1VAWdrI...78-h592-no]

Didn't they spend a few bob in the Summer?

Aye, and change.

Innies
[Image: Wp_YMqslz-fsL6CJ9MRVS4lK6hJ85rhvVUy3oFAY...15-h565-no]

Outies
[Image: JaInS0h06vh2-vjhAkPYnmj880WZQpjvwf4eMpoM...16-h451-no]

£100 million spent in an attempt to crash the top half of the division, not very well spent so far.

Hang-on with that kind of start, clubs normally sack the coach/manager just before they play us?

Watch this space.

So where are we likely to be before kick-off?

In theory, we could both be well adrift, however, we are the only two sides in the bottom third playing each other. The rest are playing top half sides, but it's a funny ol' game Saint as often said by former player Greavsie.
[Image: z8-yRW9GyVTbwX3O1c-kfgKZWO3jfqcfSlkrbkBV...08-h313-no]

As for me, I'll be having me tea in a pub. Thumb up

Last time out

Town lost at Watford, Fulham did likewise at Citeh
[Image: P8PKjLi2DCduFjorWlyCd4HC9LFztN0ema8Whbw0...15-h365-no][Image: MH7juCoiDO7hhbJxpIHszBdWJ7ltbBI2xIKvQU5I...13-h369-no]

OK lads, we need goals, points and, as Snoots mentioned elsewhere, some brass to feed some hungry kids a breakfast. Over to you.

Wagbo's wise words.

Just in case you forgot, like I nearly did, he's just celebrated 3 years in charge. Here's what he had to say to Radio Local about it. We were dreaming of mid-table obscurity in the Championship back then. We are dreaming of being 3 places higher than we are, one division up right now. It's been one helluva ride so far. Long may it continue. Thumb up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06qmhcg

RE: Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018 - Lord Snooty - 03-11-2018

POWER TO THE PEEEEEPOOOOOOLLL!!!!! Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

eerm, nice one, theo. Loved Citizen Smith. Big Grin

RE: Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018 - theo_luddite - 03-11-2018

He was alright that Foxy Smith, so his girlfriends mother thought anyway. Doh

I've just read that Gonzo has tipped us to win this one. Do we laugh or cry?

Bugger! Newcastle have scored. Angry

Never fails to amaze me how teams get up to play us and can't pass a ball let alone score the next match.

Watford's shooting was as bad as ours by the sound of it.

RE: Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018 - sloppyattheback - 03-11-2018

Must win and a chance to show the watching MNF Joe Public we're not as bad as the league suggests - well not if we obliterate from our minds the defending at Watford and Leicester etc

Nervous as hell already in case it doesnt go our way.

My mates back over from Canada for his annual game and shuffled some meetings around to Tuesday to drive up from Londres n back so it'd be nice to make his effort worthwhile.

RE: Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018 - theo_luddite - 04-11-2018

Hope he enjoys it Sloppy. Sarfampton got the same slapping by the Blue Mancs as we got. That's brought their goal difference back in range. Palace made the mistake of annoying Chelski just enough for them to throw the big boys on.
5 minutes later, game over with 20 still to play.

RE: Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018 - theo_luddite - 04-11-2018

Not many of you quizlings (I know) having a go at the quiz.