Sports Babble - sports forum
Pundits - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Pundits (/showthread.php?tid=7020)

Pages: 1 2

Pundits - Arcane Astral Aeons - 19-06-2018

just a bit of fun
so far who has had the best pundits or worst
and who is the worst commentator?

RE: Pundits - Lord Snooty - 19-06-2018

Lawrenson the worst, obviously. Tongue  

Seriously though, what do they mean by "I think they should go for it now." Huh

Thanks for that wonderful insight into your tactical genius. Whistle

RE: Pundits - St Charles Owl - 20-06-2018

Ian Wright is working with Fox over here and I like his passion and honesty. Aside from that its a bunch of Americans who can’t get the words right and talk about “overtime” or “PKs”!!! The worst one of the lot is a Spanish speaking one they put on games where he is speaking English with a thick Spanish accident, so hard to listen to!! He makes it even worse by getting overly excited at every scoring opportunity to the point where you would think it was a goal!!! Give me a bit of Motty any day!!

RE: Pundits - talkSAFT - 20-06-2018

Out of 10:-

Jenas 8
Kilbane 7
Murphy 6
Shearer 6
Fabregas 6
Wright 5
Lawrensen 4
Crooks 1
Lineker 0

RE: Pundits - BaggieSteve - 20-06-2018

I just feel none of them are honest about the performances of fellow professionals, or they are just blind to their faults. Regarding the England game, I honestly thought I was watching a different game to the pundits. I was astonished at the praise being given to some of the players. In particular: Henderson- never turns or runs with ball, passes it backwards for about three yards but has mastered the art of aimless pointing; Maguire: a carthorse; Lingard: couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo; Young: had now regressed from one trick pony to no trick pony; Sterling: why?
These are, of course, my personal views and probably slightly unfair...but only slightly. I also wish England’s defenders would realise that, unlike their Spanish, German, French or Italian counterparts, they don’t have any noticeable skills when it comes to passing, control, running with the ball or creativity so don’t try it,lads, just do what you’re good at and hoof it.

As someone who actually doesn’t really care how the national team performs, I seem to have gone on a bit of a rant, I’m sorry about that.

RE: Pundits - drewks - 21-06-2018

Easy Steve!! IMHO a tad unfair re Henderson and Maguire but Young & Sterling.......WHOOOOOOW
........what's happened to him (Sterling) ??
Good post tho!  Big Grin

One who's been left out of the pundit list is Keown, who has surprised me and been pretty accurate, fair and good to listen to.

RE: Pundits - BaggieSteve - 21-06-2018

(21-06-2018, 16:49)drewks Wrote: Easy Steve!! IMHO a tad unfair re Henderson and Maguire but Young & Sterling.......WHOOOOOOW
........what's happened to him (Sterling) ??
Good post tho!  Big Grin

One who's been left out of the pundit list is Keown, who has surprised me and been pretty accurate, fair and good to listen to.

Drewks Smile

You’re probably right about Maguire, I was influenced by his start to the game, which was pretty poor. However, I just don’t understand the praise that Henderson gets, I think he’s such a limited player. He reminds a lot of that old Ipswich, Arsenal and Baggies stalwart, Brian Talbot. An apparent level of activity masking a lack of any meaningful contribution. Whenever he gets the ball, his first, and only, thought is to pass it back it from where it came. He rarely, if ever, turns and runs with it. His passing is incredibly accurate but I reckon I can pass a ball accurately for 3-5 yards. I hope he puts in a stormer and proves me completely wrong for the rest of the tournament.
Agree about Martin Keown, understated but very knowledgeable

RE: Pundits - Florida Baggie - 21-06-2018

(20-06-2018, 05:43)St Charles Owl Wrote: Ian Wright is working with Fox over here and I like his passion and honesty.  Aside from that its a bunch of Americans who can’t get the words right and talk about “overtime” or “PKs”!!!  The worst one of the lot is a Spanish speaking one they put on games where he is speaking English with a thick Spanish accident, so hard to listen to!!  He makes it even worse by getting overly excited at every scoring opportunity to the point where you would think it was a goal!!!  Give me a bit of Motty any day!!

Hey St Charles
Where are you in the USA, I'm in Florida.
American commentators think that they have to talk for every second during the game! Most of it is garbage and as for the Spanish guy, he's a moron!

RE: Pundits - Amelia Chaffinch - 21-06-2018

Given enough time they all irritate me eventually. Snoots will verify this. I don't dislike Ian Wright yet. I don't mind the famous Homes Under the Hammer presenter, Dion Dublin, doing a bit of punditry on t'radio. Big Grin

RE: Pundits - drewks - 21-06-2018

BaggieSteve - "However, I just don’t understand the praise that Henderson gets, I think he’s such a limited player. He reminds a lot of that old Ipswich, Arsenal and Baggies stalwart, Brian Talbot. An apparent level of activity masking a lack of any meaningful contribution. "
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Thumb up Thumb up

That made I laugh!!

(Sounds like an absolute definition of a Pulis Player!)