Sports Babble - sports forum
Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Hibernian (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+----- Thread: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm (/showthread.php?tid=6465)

Pages: 1 2

Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - 0762 - 14-03-2018

Another Friday night match for Hibs and possibly a tricky match where the Saints have suddenly found some welcome good form v Dundee. However, were they as good as their 0-4 result suggests or was Dundee FC just dreadful on the day? I think Lenny should just concentrate on Hibs fine form and he chooses a positive line up to apply another hi-press game plan and push for that 3rd or 2nd place in the Premiership.

GGTTH

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - 1Wattie - 15-03-2018

There`s no point in chopping and changing now that the team has found some good form, we should remain positive and keep pushing for 3rd in the hope that 2nd will eventually come our way.
We are more than capable of holding on to 4th and a couple of good results could see us improve BUT a few bad ones might see us dropping a place.

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - hibeejim21 - 16-03-2018

Lenny picks up a 3 match ban,plus 2 suspended.

Team basically chooses itself now,and we have good options from the bench. Lets go there and try and get the 3 points. Going straight to the boozer after work to watch it,don't mind this friday fitba carry on.

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - 0762 - 16-03-2018

Aye! We're in a 'good place' at the moment but must try to avoid any complacency in our push for 2nd or 3rd place in the league. I wanna see Lenny quickly 'seeing out' this 3 match ban and getting back to proper duties in the Hibs dugout.

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - 0762 - 17-03-2018

FT 1-1 and lotsa Hibs heroes on the pitch tonight after a 'moment of madness' when Rocky incurred a red card after 15 mins and Hibs 0-1 ahead although I didn't think the goalie deliberately handled the ball! Playing over 75 mins with 10 men and showing great team spirit and resiliance and almost holding on to that 0-1 victory! I salute that performance tonight and a special mention to Cammy Bell in goal who 'entered the fray' in very difficult circumstances on a shit night and a very muddy pitch! Well done and I'll take the draw in a fairly entertaining match when one considers the poor conditions! Our away record enhanced again and our form is pretty good at the moment.

GGTTH

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - hibeejim21 - 17-03-2018

Some of the decisions from beaton were beyond belief. St johnstone are a horrible bastard of a side, tommy wright is a xxxx footballing dinosaur...a future hertz or sevco manager in the making.

11 v 11 i'd have fancied us to win that game. You cannae govern for losing your keeper in those circumstances so i'll take the point and move on.

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - 0762 - 17-03-2018

Agreed re Beaton and I must say I was concerned re poss repercussions from a ref fraternity that Lenny has rightly criticised! That Alston tackle, 2nd half on McGinn, was a disgrace and a straight red card 'all day long' with Beaton positioned about 4 metres from the incident! It was dangerous with no intention of playing the ball and I don't buy this idea of 'taking one for the team' in this case! Thumb down That yellow card decision was outrageous and rightly condemned by Chris Sutton on BT Sport. A few weeks ago I watched a Europa League match on BT Sport and there was a similar incident when a player 'took out' an opponent in the same way - the decision was a straight red card and the ref dismissing any argument about it - a totally different stance taken on it. Also Boyly was very lucky that his leg was not broken after that Tanser tackle! Again many a ref would have dismissed an offending player for that type of challenge and a lotta people forget that a player can 'pull out' of this type of challenge and should suffer the consequences!

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - hibeejim21 - 18-03-2018

Shame we couldn't have held on a bit longer on friday,especially with sevco xxxx up again.

They really are an atrocious side defensively,absolutely nothing to fear from them at all. I respect cummings talent as a penalty box striker but he cant play that one up top role that murty is pursuing. We have more to worry about from kilmarnock who have grown into a very tough,potent side under stevie clarke.

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - 0762 - 18-03-2018

Aye Jim. We will be facing 2 x testy matches v Killie after the 'split'. I think the race for 4th and 3rd places, and poss 2nd, will be close run affairs. I still think Hibs/Lenny's mindset should be on chasing after 2nd place but, more importantly, I wanna see Hibs current good form continuing into the 'tail end' of the season. I notice that McGinn is now suspended for two matches and McGeouch injured. 'Fingers crossed' that the 'international break' will give Dylan enough time to recover but we will miss McGinn's energy and drive in Hibs midfield.

RE: Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Fri 16 March, KO 7.45pm - ritchiebaby - 19-03-2018

Re Alston - he later took out McGinn after losing the ball to him and again Beaton chickened out of meting out the appropriate punishment. The first instance was an absolute disgrace, easily worthy of a red card.