Sports Babble - sports forum
Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread (/showthread.php?tid=6462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - peiowl - 14-03-2018

(14-03-2018, 15:48)Imre varadi Wrote: Rhodes  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  more chance of Bob scoring 20 this season than Rhodes getting 1  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

He has to turn his form around soon imre. The difference between rhodes and bob is that we know rhodes once had talent, it just needs a wake up call. As for bob, well, I'll say nowt as I don't want maddix to be upset with me again. Doh Doh

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Washington - 14-03-2018

(14-03-2018, 19:55)peiowl Wrote:
(14-03-2018, 15:48)Imre varadi Wrote: Rhodes  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  more chance of Bob scoring 20 this season than Rhodes getting 1  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

He has to turn his form around soon imre. The difference between rhodes and bob is that we know rhodes once had talent, it just needs a wake up call. As for bob, well, I'll say nowt as I don't want maddix to be upset with me again.  Doh  Doh

I would say more of a resurrection  Laugh   than wake up is needed.
There was a reason he didn't get much game time at Middlesbrough and its all gone downhill from there with CC telling him not to worry about running about too much so now he just stays in one spot and unconvincingly falls over for a foul if the ball comes near him. Without anyone who can consistently ping accurate crosses into the 6 yard box he might as well just join Hooper and watch from the executive boxes.  The best we can hope is he scores in the last few games of the season and we con someone into thinking he's back on form and giving us a decent fee.

I think his signing has been the worse thing under DC.  All the money was on black and it landed on red.  Doh

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Maddix - 14-03-2018

(14-03-2018, 23:02)Washington Wrote:

He has to turn his form around soon imre. The difference between rhodes and bob is that we know rhodes once had talent, it just needs a wake up call. As for bob, well, I'll say nowt as I don't want maddix to be upset with me again.  Doh  Doh

There was a reason he didn't get much game time at Middlesbrough and its all gone downhill from there with CC telling him not to worry about running about too much so now he just stays in one spot and unconvincingly falls over for a foul if the ball comes near him. Without anyone who can consistently ping accurate crosses into the 6 yard box he might as well just join Hooper and watch from the executive boxes.  The best we can hope is he scores in the last few games of the season and we con someone into thinking he's back on form and giving us a decent fee.

I think his signing has been the worse thing under DC.  All the money was on black and it landed on red.  Doh

But that's all Dave's fault Whistle If he never got near the first team Joao and Rhodes would have scored 60 goals each this season and we'd be 500 points clear at the top Thumb up

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Owlkev71 - 15-03-2018

Press Conference highlights:

Fernando Forestieri - Starts training with the team tomorrow
Marco Matias - May be back after the international Break
Keiren Westwood - Not training with the SWFC team. Maybe in 2 weeks back to team training
Sean Clare - Out for the rest of the season and may need surgery Doh
Van Aken - back training with the team
Sam Hutchinson - back training with the team
Barry Bannan - back training with the team and could in squad for Saturday
Almen Abdi - training today for first time in ages with the first team

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Imre varadi - 15-03-2018

thats terrible news about clare he was the only flash of light we had left as Reach is running on empty fuel Doh but this may work out better in the long Run as if we nurse him well enough he might just sign a contract with us and it obviously keeps other teams away untill they can see hes fit ! so we had better take a gamble on him as hes worth it unlike some Doh and sign him up Thumb up the other point is that he was becoming shit himself the last few games due to all the stench around him Whistle so a step back might do us all a world of good Thumb up

The ref is kieth shroud from Hampshire wtf is that i dont know Whistle but anyway hes only had us once this year when we drew 2-2 with Ipswich town and if i can remember we had a penalty that day which Hooper bashed in and he played a helpfull 4 minuts extra for the mighty Bob to equalise Thumb up

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - peiowl - 15-03-2018

(14-03-2018, 23:38)Maddix Wrote:
(14-03-2018, 23:02)Washington Wrote:

But that's all Dave's fault  Whistle If he never got near the first team Joao and Rhodes would have scored 60 goals each this season and we'd be 500 points clear at the top  Thumb up

That's the spirit Maddix. You're starting to get it now!! Laugh Laugh Actually, I agree with everyone else on here that Rhodes is a complete waste of money. All I'm trying to say is that scoring goals is in his DNA - unless his genome is in decay mode. Doh Doh

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Statesideowl - 15-03-2018

Really feel for the lad, Clare. Finally gets his chance in the first team and out needing surgery.

I wont hold my breath on the rest. Scratchy eyes and barbeque's falling on feet feet here we come.

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - St Charles Owl - 15-03-2018

You really have to wonder what Carlos was doing in training?? For starters our fitness levels don't seem high enough, especially considering the amount of points we have thrown away from winning positions this season, which suggests a lack of fitness, add to that the way our players end up injured, not with major injuries, but with niggles and pulls, again suggesting a lack of preparation and fitness. The vortex is something we have joked about but we have too many injuries constantly happening for there not to be something wrong with the training!!

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Owlkev71 - 15-03-2018

The rumours are Carlos didn't do any fitness training in pre season, just ball work.

RE: Scum v The Owls SBC Match Thread - St Charles Owl - 15-03-2018

(15-03-2018, 21:44)Owlkev71 Wrote: The rumours are Carlos didn't do any fitness training in pre season, just ball work.

I think it was Hutchinson who said as much in an interview after Carlos left, crazy if true and very much explains our current situation.