Sports Babble - sports forum
Yeovil - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: National League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+----- Forum: Chesterfield (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+----- Thread: Yeovil (/showthread.php?tid=6205)

Pages: 1 2

Yeovil - spireitematt - 19-01-2018

So tomorrow we are away at Yeovil and the referee for the game is called Kevin Johnson who is from Dorset. There will also be a big crowd in the home end as people will want to get voucher/stub offer to get tickets for Manchester United in the cup.

RE: Yeovil - bluepooch - 19-01-2018

Things are combining against us .Ill go for 2-0 to us .

RE: Yeovil - Devongone - 21-01-2018

A big crowd for Yeovil isn't that big. It's a small place .......

Pleased with the result, but not surprised. They couldn't help having had Man Utd on their minds ...... Hope they win or draw against them. The longer their run the better for us. When they finally go out of the Cup I'm guessing their spirits will sink. I don't wish Yeovil any ill, but they're one of the clubs who could finish below us.

I'm afraid Forest Green supporters' indifference to Mark Cooper and their dislike of his son in defence weren't enough to counteract their added forward power yesterday. I was sure Dayle Grubb thought he was capable of stepping up to league and scoring goals from midfield ..... and sure enough he grabbed two on his home debut, one a cracker! With him, Reuben Reid, Christian Doidge and young Campbell keeping Keanu Marsh-Browne off the pitch I don't think they are going to have much problem in the goals for column. I reckon we have to target the teams above us to keep our league status, keeping FGR below might be a step too far by the look of that.

Next week we have to overturn a five-goal defeat so we can nestle in the pack with the other also-rans .........

Poor idiot Otis Khan - he'll miss Man Utd, probably get a good ban for pushing the ref and that probably scuppers his formerly excellent transfer chances till the summer too ........ all for a 94th minute moment of madness.

I always quite liked Krysiak, Yeovil's keeper, but although Lou Reed got some good dip on his free kick it wasn't that powerful was it?

As for the second, ignore the foul, what was the keeper doing out there?

The goal we conceded was odd too. Really strange flight left our young keeper looking a bit foolish. If Lewis Wing could hit shots like that all the time I don't think he'd be sub for Yeovil.

Watching all the goals in the division I can't help concluding that a genuine commanding keeper for next season would give us an advantage over most of our opposition, whatever level of football we play in.

RE: Yeovil - themaclad - 21-01-2018

Looked a clear shirt pull for the winner but sometimes you need a bit of luck

RE: Yeovil - bluepooch - 22-01-2018

The keeper is excellent .I hope we can keep him next season .Looking at the highlights he certainly pulled off a number of good saves which Anyon may have struggled with .We definitely look more solid with the new signings even if we may have lost some of the flair .Only thing I can say about the shirt pull is the ref was on probably the blind side of it .
Yeovil are in decent form,the lad Khan looks useful, and although they dominated in terms of shots its another excellent result and the first back to back home /away wins for 4 years apparently .

RE: Yeovil - Devongone - 22-01-2018

If Otis Khan wants to play higher he can't just stop when he gets his shirt pulled. Clever players look for every advantage fair and foul. It's the kind of sharpness will be expected of Lou Reed if he is to have a chance with Sheff Utd - it will have made them happy. Yes it was clearly a foul, and maybe it will change the course of Otis Khan's career. Apparently there is a big bid in for him - if the aim of that bid was to play him in the next few weeks that's gone. And that money might enable Yeovil to replace him and splash out on a couple of strengtheners before the window closes ....... in their position that moment of madness could change their history in a major way.

I thought both our goals should've been stopped. And theirs wouldn't happen quite like that again if the game had gone on till May. But I don't think lying there doing a snow angel is a great idea for a keeper after conceding. Frankly as we are already stuck with Anyon ptaaaah for next season I don't want Ramsdale or any loan keeper, however good, I want a proper keeper who will be ours and who is miles ahead of poor old Joe.

Did you see the goals Aaron Chapman conceded? I don't think he likes internal competition for his place. With us he never really pushed Tommy, but when he went on loan at Bristol and they needed him he did very well. Last season he kept losing out in competition for his place. Now Accrington sign Maxted, burble about having two good keepers with competition for places, and Aaron does that in the next 45 minutes ...... Some keepers don't like competition. They like to feel everyone has confidence in them and when the inevitable odd mistake occurs they'll understand. Very few managers or outfield players understand this. It isn't true of all keepers but some of us need to be loved and if you keep loving us we'll keep saving you.

If Rammers came on a season long loan next season surely we would take that .I loved his celebration in this vid..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8CBT6AE2TE.

RE: Yeovil - Devongone - 22-01-2018

I was all for giving Aaron time when he made mistakes at Accrington - they can happen to anyone, specially in those circumstances. Jack has been rewarded in the last two games for getting it right. He seems fine, specially when you look at the mistakes being made around our division, but I wouldn't deliberately start the season with any young keeper on season-long loan as my first choice.

When you look at how integral Tommy Lee was to our defence, and how his absence messed us up, you might begin to agree? A reliable keeper who gets on with his centre backs, who know his game inside out and trust him ........ for me that's the foundation of any team. (I wonder if the relative youth of our current centre backs and keeper is a factor in our defensive improvement, they're supporting each other.) Once you've got that one-for-all and all-for-one attitude at the back for whatever reason then you become hard to beat. If Parkin could do what Ramsdale is doing, I'd be going why-hey, next season is sorted ...... but a season-long loan leaves you at Bournemouth's mercy. Say Ramsdale is doing brilliantly for us, Begovic gets hurt, Boruc comes in and looks what he is, past-it .......... headline Aaron Ramsdale Recalled from Loan.

If Ramsdale keeps us up, he'll have Chesterfield hero on his CV. (The reality is that if he does well for us, Bournemouth will almost certainly be waiting for a chance to get him some games in the Championship next season when some keeper gets crocked.)

You're right Dev if Ramsdale has a good end to the season he will either go up the pecking order at Bournemouth for next season or a higher division club will come in for him.Looking at the keeper signings Jack has made it looks like there are plenty of good young keepers out there so I will trust Jacks judgement on this .

RE: Yeovil - Devongone - 23-01-2018

I don't think Jack considers Anyon as No1, so that's hopeful. But I'm not so sure about good young keepers being available ..... I look at the England team and if all our first choices could be fit for the World Cup we'd have a chance. Forwards, midfield and defence we've even got a few potential options ......... but keepers? Joe Hart has to convince the idiot Moyes he's better than a very ordinary Portuguese shot-stopper, we've two Fosters who aren't international class, Jack Butland at Stoke struggles in situations Sunday League keepers would have dealt with back in the day, and pundits talk up Jordan Pickford, but in the Liverpool derby he looked on the verge of panic at times ...........

I just want a generally sound, secure, permanent keeper, who gets on with his defence and when he makes a mistake doesn't fall apart. Meanwhile I hope young Ramsdale can use us to spark a career that goes all the way. There's full caps and a fortune awaiting any English keeper who becomes the real deal and what wouldn't Scotland give to unearth something similar?

Maybe the Derbyshire Cup and his penalty exploits might just be the springboard Dylan Parkin needs to launch himself. If he can be good enough by the summer, he'll be old enough.