Sports Babble - sports forum
Prediction League Tables Week 9 - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Prediction League Tables Week 9 (/showthread.php?tid=5862)

Pages: 1 2

Prediction League Tables Week 9 - bomberbrown1968 - 23-10-2017

Look at a few of theses guys......
Is Sanjay's the best score so far ??

Hey guys some good scores this week   Thumb up  
I'm not sure but this week's winner Sanjay could have the best score so far this season ?
With only 3 incorrect results and a correct Gamball Sanjay hit the Dizzy heights of 29 Points
Not far behind in 2nd was Twerton who has suddenly found a rich vain of form after a slow start, 3 correct scores and a correct Gamball hauled him up to a impressive 23 points.
DD was again so consistent our leader is continuing to make strides at the top,
He wrongly guessed the Gamball this week but only once more would he get a result wrong, making 8 correct guesses from 10 including 3 correct scores
Zinman's luck continues   Whistle  he looked to be struggling then fell down the shitter's and come up smelling of roses with a spot on Bonus ball   Angry  
His 14 points however was rather Impressive,
WorldClass improvements continued as he along with BBB who was saved with his Gamball both came in with a respectable 11 points
Amelias decent return continues and comes in with a steady 9 points,
The rest bringing up the rear will consider this a disappointing week due to the nature of the good scoring
St Charles came in 8th with just 4 points and seems to be having a real dip in form after a good start.
Matt is now not the newcomer on the Block so has no excuses now but alas his brain freeze since predicting continues.
He this week finished bottom with minus  1 the only person in the negative score this week,
He finished 3 behind Derby who came home with just 2 points, and oh i saved the best till last, as I mentioned Matt is no longer the new kid on the block, Joker has now taken up that mantle and as i guessed was just as poor as I remember him from previous prediction League outings   Laugh  
Tuff   Whistle  
Good luck next week guys.
Beefy   Thumb up

Premiership
A polite round of applause as DD reaches his century  Smartass , his figures since his surge to the summit began in week 4 are impressive to say the least – 18, 18, 21, 10, 13 and 19. Consistent and leading to a 30 point lead over his nearest rival. Can anyone stop a relentless surge to the title.
Well if anyone can, Sanjay can, he’s stormed up 2 places into 2nd courtesy of the best weeks score of the season helped by another Gamball success, and looking back there were 2 occasions he didn’t play it and was spot on.
St Charles retains 3rd, having been in the top 3 throughout the season so far.
The one to suffer is Derby who slips back to 4th and while only a point off 3rd is now almost 50 points behind the leader. He may also be about to be put under pressure from Twerton who soared up 2 places to 5th. Last week saw him score his best points tally of the season and he followed that up by beating it this week  Thumb up .
Making way and slipping a place was Amelia into 6th despite a decent week helped by a very good Sunday, and my promise was kept that she would do well on the Gamball  Tongue .
One on the slide the last couple of weeks is BBB, saved to a certain extent by his Gamball and his eighth successive Insurance Ball point saved, although it wasn’t enough to stop him slipping to 7th.  
Zinman retained 8th and posted his best and first double figure points of the season, He’s not that far away and is certainly finding some consistency after being on zero at the end of week 5, he's also King of the Bonus Ball at the moment with very impressive figures.
Worldclass also posted a seasons best of double figures which helped to move him up a place to 9th and for the time being at least out of the relegation places.
MattWBA slips back again into 10th and is having a real go at breaking the record for Gamball failure scoring his 5th successive -4 in his 5 weeks on board.
Joker re-joined the pack thinking how easy it was from the outside looking in, but hasn’t made an impact yet but will be aiming to get into gear pretty quickly to chip away at those above him  Thumb up .

Bomber

We must be getting better at this - for the second week in a row we had no minusmen (the only 2 weeks the Championship has managed this feat). However, scoring wasn't exactly prolific - lots of correct results but few correct scores
Top of the league this week ...again..is 4eva with an impressive 18 points in large part due to being 1 of only 2 players to get the correct result on the gamball game. 4eva also got 40% of the week's correct scores and got 4 points for his bonus Baggievicar comes in second with 11 points - Vic was the other player to predict a Norwich win but chose not to gamble - another 6 points thrown away. Respectable scores for Bournemouth and Bomber with 6 correct results and then came the stragglers. Beefy's 30 point dream remains just a dream - wonder who he'll blame this week - and after failing to predict last week, Salop didn't exactly do any better this week. Snooty had this week's 'mare, just the single, solitary point - a point lonelier than Solomon Rondon during an Albion "attack".
Good use of the bonus with only 1 player losing points - playing the bonus on an Albion away win, is that really wise Stairs?

Championship

4eva stretches his legs and scampers towards the century and away from the pack with a 31 point lead at the top. 6 correct result Gamballs 2 of which were correct scores, 5 from 9 Bonus Ball successes and 8 from 9 points saved with his Insurance Ball should tell you just why he’s top.
If things carry on like this there may only be one promotion place up for grabs  Thumb down  and Baggieone is suffering a slump in form and hasn’t had a double figure score since week 5, but is also the only player yet to suffer a minus week, he does retain his position in 2nd as does Snooty still in 3rd, who’s 9th successive Insurance ball save keeps him there for the time being  Thumb up , but you sense the chasing pack are closing in and making progress to break into the top 3 - it’s about time as these 3 have been there since week 2  Sad .
Bournemouth leads that chasing pack, just 5 points back, moving up a place to 4th, quite an achievement considering those above him had a 4 week start in their quest for points  Smartass .
Salop slips a place to 5th having occupied 4th spot since week 4 and will look to be making up the ground he lost by missing last weeks predictions.
Bomber continues to chip away in 6th – 6 points back, but could do with a Gamball success to really boost his points, 3 from 9 is not a patch on his healthy Bonus Ball picks and points gained.
BaggieVicar continues his decent run of form cementing his 7th place and but for his reluctance to play his Gamball would have moved up a place to a season high.
The bottom half of the table have occupied those spots since week 4, while the bottom 3 are getting a few points adrift with Quantum in 8th struggling for points since his best haul way back in week 1. Stairs in 9th reverted to type as his Gamball went the way of 8 of his others leaving him with a balance of -24 after 9 weeks.
Beefy remains 10th bottom despite ramblings that this would be the week, the marathon is now a quarter of the way through, maybe next week will be the one.

Bomber

RE: Prediction League Tables Week 9 - Zinman - 23-10-2017

Great with the bonus ball but awful with the gamball. Early warning - this week I'll be going for a Villa win just to curse the b******ds.

Good to see the big boys (and girls) outscoring those Championship minnows.

RE: Prediction League Tables Week 9 - bomberbrown1968 - 23-10-2017

(23-10-2017, 20:49)Zinman Wrote: Great with the bonus ball but awful with the gamball. Early warning - this week I'll be going for a Villa win just to curse the b******ds.

Good to see the big boys (and girls) outscoring those Championship minnows.

We're whats known as the "underdogs" Zin.

Whereas Beefy is just known as "under everybody else" Big Grin

RE: Prediction League Tables Week 9 - Beefy 1965 - 23-10-2017

Can't believe I'm still bottom..
had a cracking week with 4 points Huh

RE: Prediction League Tables Week 9 - TheFunkyJoker - 23-10-2017

(23-10-2017, 21:06)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Can't believe I'm still bottom..
had a cracking week with 4 points  Huh

Don't worry mate, we'll be in the same league next season Thumb up Big Grin

(23-10-2017, 21:18)TheFunkyJoker Wrote:
(23-10-2017, 21:06)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Can't believe I'm still bottom..
had a cracking week with 4 points  Huh

Don't worry mate, we'll be in the same league next season  Thumb up  Big Grin

You'll never be in the same league as me mate Whistle
Nor Bomber
Nor that Binman either Laugh

RE: Prediction League Tables Week 9 - Bournemouth Baggie - 23-10-2017

4 points Simone? Brilliant.

For you...........

(23-10-2017, 21:53)Bournemouth Baggie Wrote: 4 points Simone? Brilliant.

For you...........

keep the Chirps coming guys Thumb up
I'm Just one big week away from getting back into it,
Mark my words I can feel it, is definitely this week , it's in my water this time Rolleyes
20+ at least Smartass

RE: Prediction League Tables Week 9 - Arcane Astral Aeons - 23-10-2017

(23-10-2017, 22:10)Beefy 1965 Wrote:

For you...........

keep the Chirps coming guys  Thumb up
Mark my words I can feel it, is definitely this week , it's in my water this time  Rolleyes
20+ at least  Smartass

you been saying that for weeks and guess what?........it don`t happen
your worse than i am
but at least i aint bottom of the pile
well not yet anyway
never mind beefy you know what they say

(23-10-2017, 23:09)The Quantum Enigma Wrote:
(23-10-2017, 22:10)Beefy 1965 Wrote:

For you...........

keep the Chirps coming guys  Thumb up
Mark my words I can feel it, is definitely this week , it's in my water this time  Rolleyes
20+ at least  Smartass

you been saying that for weeks and guess what?........it don`t happen
your worse than i am
but at least i aint bottom of the pile
well not yet anyway
never mind beefy you know what they say

The Cream always rises to the top ?
Yeah your right GARETH Whistle