Sports Babble - sports forum
Yorkshire closing in on the title - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Other Sports (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Cricket (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Yorkshire closing in on the title (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Yorkshire closing in on the title - Marco4 - 07-09-2014

Sky Sports 2; handily Ive got Friday off to travel to Banbury.

RE: Yorkshire closing in on the title - Lord Snooty - 08-09-2014

Nottinghamshire v Yorkshire
LV= County Championship Division One
Tuesday September 9th - Friday September 12th
at Trent Bridge
starting at 10:30

[Image: 5932578221_989f52fd4d_z.jpg]

It's the battle of the top two in the County Championship, with Yorkshire only needing to better Nottinghamshire's points total in the match by 3, to win the title. In other words, a win or a draw with better bonus points. If Notts win however, it really is down to the wire with us having Somerset at home in the final match of the season and them having a home match with Sussex. Theirs though is the week before ours, so one way or the other we should know what's needed when the Cidermen poll up at Headingley. Two Notts wins though could leave us with only the runners up spot again and a huge anti climax. Best get it done and dusted this week then, boys.

We go into this match with two major absentees and two major returnees. Skipper Andrew Gale has been given a two match ban following his angry outburst at Old Trafford and New Zealander, Kane Williamson, is off playing t20 in the Champions League for Hamilton-based Northern Knights.
Coming back though are England heroes Joe Root and Gary Ballance. Rootytooty will captain the team in Gale's absence.

Notts have Alex Hales, James Taylor and Harry Gurney returning from England duty.

The match is being shown live on Sky Sports with daily highlights later on in the evening.

Yorkshire squad: Jonathan Bairstow (w), Gary Ballance, Tim Bresnan, Jack Brooks, Karl Carver, Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steve Patterson, Richard Pyrah, Adil Rashid, Joe Root ©, Ryan Sidebottom.

Nottinghamshire squad: Steven Mullaney, Alex Hales, Michael Lumb, James Taylor, Samit Patel, Riki Wessels, Chris Read © & (w), Luke Fletcher, Jake Ball, Harry Gurney, Gary Keedy, Ajmal Shahzad.

Scorecard

RE: Yorkshire closing in on the title - Maddix - 08-09-2014

I'll phone in work with suspected ebola if it's on the telly then Whistle

RE: Yorkshire closing in on the title - Marco4 - 09-09-2014

Joe Root has captained Yorkshire once this season.

Yorkshire have lost one County Championship game this season.

They were the same game.

RE: Yorkshire closing in on the title - Lord Snooty - 09-09-2014

Yes I was thinking that as well. Wasn't sure if it was right and couldn't be bothered looking it up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost this one.

Would be a decent feather in Root's cap, mind, and he looks in decent nick. I'm bloody nervous, I tell you. I do have a job interview today too, like.

We've got blue bars between posts now on here, excellent.

Toss won, batting first. And it's a 10:30 kick off.

Cracking start. 118-0 at Lunch.

RE: Yorkshire closing in on the title - Citizen Jeebers - 09-09-2014

Get in, come on Tow....................Yorkshire

188/1 now