Sports Babble - sports forum
Remaining Games - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Remaining Games (/showthread.php?tid=1597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Remaining Games - WillieJohnstonsGreenhouse - 11-04-2015

Well it's the arse-end of the season and time to have our annual look to see who's fighting to stay in the top flight.
After last season's bum-squeaker it looks a lot rosier for us this time around. Obviously not safe but if we can't get the points needed we deserve shooting.

Don't forget Newcastle could be easily be dragged into the equation.

3pm - Table and points total as of 11th April 2015.

West Brom        Sunderland                Villa                   Hull                         QPR                   Burnley           Leicester
 33pts                     29pts                       29pts                  28pts                        26pts                   26pts                 22pts

Leicester (H)         Palace (H)                 Spurs (A)              Southampton (A)     Chelsea (H)          Arsenal (H)         Albion (A)
Palace (A)             Stoke (H)                  Man City (A)         Palace (A)                 West Ham (H)      Everton (A)        Swansea (H)
Liverpool (H)        Southampton (H)      Everton (H)          Liverpool (H)            Liverpool (A)        Leicester (H)      Burnley (H)
Man Utd (A)         Everton (A)               West Ham (H)       Arsenal (H)               Man City (A)         West Ham (A)    Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)       Leicester (H)            Southampton (A)    Burnley (H)              Newcastle (H)       Hull (A)              Newcastle (H)
Chelsea (H)          Arsenal (A)                Burnley (H)           Spurs (A)                  Leicester (A)         Stoke (H)           Southampton (H)
Arsenal (A)           Chelsea (A)                                            Man Utd (H)                                         Villa (A)             Sunderland (A)
                                                                                                                                                                             QPR (H)     

Any statisticians out there? Some real 6 pointers in the mix. My head hurts trying to work out the possibilities and permutations.  

5pm-I'll get my gun

RE: Remaining Games - betterthanbaird - 11-04-2015

We'll draw with Newcastle and draw (or more) against one of the big teams, leaving us with 35 points. We'll be 16th or 17th imo but we'll scrape safety, Hull are unlikely to catch us but the others could with their fixtures.

RE: Remaining Games - Worldclassalbion - 11-04-2015

If we honestly play like that 2nd half performance today we will not get another point. I would go as far as to say we wouldn't finish in the top half of the Championship playing like that. So embarrassing its unbelievable.

RE: Remaining Games - Zinman - 11-04-2015

Utter garbage yet again. Yes, the players have to take some blame but why bring on a central defender for a midfielder when we're being overrun in midfield? Why play so narrow when our "full backs" are being outnumbered out wide? We all criticised Irvine but Pulis needs 2 more points to beat his points per game ratio and I can't see this happening. We were never in the bottom 3 under Irvine, again I can't see us saying the same about Pulis. My worst fear for this season used to be getting relegated - now it's getting relegated and keeping Pulis in charge. I don't want another season with no pace, no width, no creativity and,based on the last few weeks, no bottle.

RE: Remaining Games - WillieJohnstonsGreenhouse - 11-04-2015

Sorry folks, I posted this pre-game and to be honest I couldn't give a toss at the moment. a thread for another day.

RE: Remaining Games - Worldclassalbion - 12-04-2015

If we honestly play like that 2nd half performance today we will not get another point. I would go as far as to say we wouldn't finish in the top half of the Championship playing like that. So embarrassing its unbelievable.

RE: Remaining Games - SomersetBaggie - 12-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 14:49)WillieJohnstonsGreenhouse Wrote: Well it's the arse-end of the season and time to have our annual look to see who's fighting to stay in the top flight.
After last season's bum-squeaker it looks a lot rosier for us this time around. Obviously not safe but if we can't get the points needed we deserve shooting.

Don't forget Newcastle could be easily be dragged into the equation.

Table and points total as of 11th April 2015.

West Brom        Sunderland                Villa                   Hull                         QPR                   Burnley           Leicester
 33pts                     29pts                       29pts                  28pts                        26pts                   26pts                 22pts

Leicester (H)         Palace (H)                 Spurs (A)              Southampton (A)     Chelsea (H)          Arsenal (H)         Albion (A)
Palace (A)             Stoke (H)                  Man City (A)         Palace (A)                 West Ham (H)      Everton (A)        Swansea (H)
Liverpool (H)        Southampton (H)      Everton (H)          Liverpool (H)            Liverpool (A)        Leicester (H)      Burnley (H)
Man Utd (A)         Everton (A)               West Ham (H)       Arsenal (H)               Man City (A)         West Ham (A)    Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)       Leicester (H)            Southampton (A)    Burnley (H)              Newcastle (H)       Hull (A)              Newcastle (H)
Chelsea (H)          Arsenal (A)                Burnley (H)           Spurs (A)                  Leicester (A)         Stoke (H)           Southampton (H)
Arsenal (A)           Chelsea (A)                                            Man Utd (H)                                         Villa (A)             Sunderland (A)
                                                                                                                                                                             QPR (H)     

Any statisticians out there? Some real 6 pointers in the mix. My head hurts trying to work out the possibilities and permutations.  

I'll get my gun

Thanks to the crap performances and the 'confusing' substitutions by TP I cannot see us getting more than 2 points (and could see us not getting any more) it is going to be squeaky bum time right up to the last day. I can see Villa, Burnley and Leicester all going above us. We are relying on Sunderland, Hull and QPR being as bad as us for the rest of the season.

Confused Confused Confused

RE: Remaining Games - WillieJohnstonsGreenhouse - 12-04-2015

Agree with Somerset - there's a very real chance we won't get another point this season (based on recent performances). Hoping we can nick a couple of draws but not confident.

Worst case scenario - we finish on 33pts.

Villa (currently 32pts)  -  will finish above us with ease
Sunderland (29) - similar to us, and will struggle
Hull (28) - similar run in to us. No chance. Gone
QPR (26) - can't see them beating 33pts. Gone
Burnley (26) - tricky one. Playing well and could end up above us
Leicester (25) - see Burnley

It's gonna be bleedin' close AGAIN.  I think Hull & QPR are gone and it may come down to us and Sunderland for the third spot.

Still a way to go and it's a funny old game..............

Why do they do this to us - bast8rds!!!!

RE: Remaining Games - Beefy 1965 - 12-04-2015

QPR better team at the moment

0-0 stats QPR 11 shots Chelsea 5 having a real go Mmmmmmm

Few Chelsea score right at the end !!!!!!!!!!! 0-1

RE: Remaining Games - WillieJohnstonsGreenhouse - 13-04-2015

Liverpool - Newcastle

'Pool 1-0 but not dominating.......................

Great, I thought Newcastle were sheet

#WhereAreThePointsThatSaveUsComingFrom.Com?

Our boys had better wake up or they'll be playing their comfortable level of sit on our arses and take the money football next season

#SorryJeff

Now Newcastle have turned to turd.........

2-0 'pool

One win and we're above the Geordies. WAKE UP YOU totally oblivious to ruining THE KING DAY piles of overpaid shi te - You make me sick - and I haven't forked out my hard-earned for a season ticket................

'On this form it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for them to go pointless.'

Is it: (A) Us?

No it's (B)..A quote from the Beeb

Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle
Posted at 77 mins

This defeat - you can't see them staging a comeback - will leave Newcastle just nine points clear of the bottom three. On this form it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for them to go pointless.

If that doesn't rally our boys I will stop feeling like sh*t every weekend and go and watch Hummingbirds in Cradley Heath