Sports Babble - sports forum
Match Thread v Charlton - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Match Thread v Charlton (/showthread.php?tid=1592)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Match Thread v Charlton - St Charles Owl - 10-04-2015

THE LAST MATCH

Well what can you say about the last game?? Angry  For me very little as I wasn't able to listen to it and haven't seen any highlights at all!! Thumb up  By all accounts it was bad though, insipid would probably be a good word to use, but you can pick your derogatory adjective and simple insert it!!

Here is the video if you want to watch it!!

THE MATCH - SAT 11TH APRIL 2015 15.00 GMT

God I wish this season was already over and we can start moving on to bigger and better things!!  On top of that feeling we now have a home game against probably the most boring team in the division.  There really is nothing attractive about playing Charlton but I assume those who can make it will do so and the rest of us will be subjected to it on WW and on here!! Doh

This will be the 54th meeting between the teams and our record is W20 D14 L19, so we do have a slight edge against them. Their form has been up and down all season, sort of win 2, lose 2 all the way!!  Over the last 10 meetings we have W2, D4, L4, including no wins in the last 4 against them, so its time we got one of those back!!

Earlier in the season we fought out a 1-1 draw, a game that saw Royston Drenthe score a cracker from the edge of the box.  Was that his only goal for us??

CLASSIC MATCH

For me the only real classic against Charlton was back in January 1983 when we beat them 5-4 in a crazy game, but I cannot find any video of that.  I did however find a video of the home game the following season when we beat them 4-1.  Goals from Gary Bannister, Peter Shirtliffe, Tony Cunningham and a sublime chip by Imre Varadi sealed a nice win.  Ronnie Moore scored for them.  I think I will send a copy of this video to SG just to show that good football can actually be played on a bad pitch!!!  The pitch of this game was as bad as I can remember seeing and looks much worse than the one today!!!

POTENTIAL LIVE STREAMING SITES

Each game I will post the links to the websites anyone mentions on the thread.  That way its easier to find the potential threads rather than scrolling through all the posts on the thread to find the ones where a link is posted.  Lets see how ths works.

Cricfree Football - stole this one from Larry on the Rangers board.
http://pilkalive.weebly.com - this one was mentioned  on the WBA forum.
http://fırstrowsports.eu - the old favorite that tends not to work as well as it used to!!

WHO'S THE BASTARD IN THE BLACK

Ref : DARREN BOND
Assts : Robert Atkin and Helen Byrne
Fourth Official : Scott Duncan

MS will hopefully give us the skinny on this guy in previous Owls games!!

CURRENT FORM

OWLS -    Big GrinUndecidedAngryBig GrinUndecidedAngry       
CHARLTON -    Big GrinAngryBig GrinBig GrinAngryUndecided

OTHER GAMES OF MILD INTEREST

Derby v Brentford
Birmingham v Wolves
Bolton v Norwich
Middlesbrough v Rotherham
Millwall v Watford

All games affecting the teams at the top.

THE TEAM

Still no sign of trying anything new, so I am following SGs lead and the team below is what I said it would be last time!! Whistle

Westwood
Virmijl Lees Zayette Mattock
Isgrove McGugan Hutchinson Lee
May Bus

THE BIG MANS LEAGUE

Owlkev    SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Southey   SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Wereham     SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Offshore    SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Stateside  SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass  
St Charles  SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass  
Pei        SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Imre    SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Maddix    SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Thurnscoe  SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Bottesford  SmartassSmartassSmartassSmartass
Owlshighgreen   SmartassSmartassSmartass
Towinjustonce    SmartassSmartassSmartass
Madsteve  SmartassSmartassSmartass
Kimmy      SmartassSmartass
Washington  SmartassSmartass
A57  SmartassSmartass
Chezzie    Smartass
Daffodils   Smartass   
BBB  Smartass 

Attendance this week, I believe this game has some sort of 10 quid offer attached to it and I think it will need it as well!!!  As a bonus please predict how many corners will the game see in total, copying is allowed.

ATTENDANCE

19,391 - St Charles
19,666 - Imre
19,997 - Madsteve
20,202 - Towinjustonce
20,456 - Washington
20,900 - Stateside
21,150 - A57
21,450 - Thurnscoe
21,981 - Maddix
22,222 - Owlkev
23,200 - Southey Smartass
23,257 - Actual Atttendance
24,000 - Owlshighgreen

NUMBER OF CORNERS IN TOTAL

6 - Towinjustonce
7 - Madsteve, Maddix
8 - Washington, Southey
9 - A57 Smartass
11 - St Charles, Owlkev, Owlshighgreen
12 - Stateside
14 - Thurnscoe
16 - Imre

RESULTS

AAAHA - Stateside
DAAHA - Southey, A57 Smartass
DAAHD - Thurnscoe
DDHAD - Owlshighgreen
DHAHA - Actual Results
HAAHA - Washington, Owlkev
HAHAH - Imre
HDAHA - Madsteve, Towinjustonce, Maddix
HDAHH - St Charles

Well Maddix said it wasn't easy!!  Smartass for getting 4 results right and  Smartass  Smartass for getting all 5 correct, so if Owlkev is to be caught in the final 7 games someone is going to have to get all 5 right at some point!!

THE MUPPET LEAGUE

I am letting SG out on parole for this one on the orders of DC so that he can prove himself or hang himself!!!

Time for DJ to be brought back in here for this game, its not as if he has anything else to do anyway!! Doh

All others are out on bail!!

[Image: THE-MUPPETS-008.jpg]

THE FISH PIC

It would appear our new owner is not only a rich guy but treats his employees well!!  Here is a photo of hard working fisherwomen taking a well earned break!!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuc4DgaILcHtX83eawQI9...ueAbKfsHK3]

KATE BECKINSALE TRIBUTE PIC

The nice little video version is back, so hopefully she can writhe in ecstasy watching us win this one!!

[Image: 43406-Kate-Beckinsdale-sexy-Esquire-n1Wb.gif]

This thread awaits the Meggo of Statesides choice  Thumb up

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - Thurnscoe_OWL - 10-04-2015

DAAHD

14 corners

Big piss up after as well Big Grin

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - Statesideowl - 10-04-2015

Nice one SCO!

Moving up the BML nicely. I won't be around for sufferday. I'm off to Alaska to see the northern lights. Sat-Tue.

I do hope it doesn't turn out I've missed the best game of our season. But, I highly doubt it. Have a nice weekend lads Big Grin

AAAHA

12 Corners

This game fittingly needs a Meggy!

[Image: meggo.jpg]

Just realised I probably won't get my prediction in for the Brentford game, don't think I'll be arriving home until after the game. If someone would be so kind as to stand in for me and post a 'Meggo' cheers Smile

If it's home attendance on Tues, could put me down for, 18,500

Games of interest? HADHA

Score & Scorer? 1-3 to Brentford (Bus) Cheers!

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - St Charles Owl - 10-04-2015

Stateside, I will make a note of those and add them to the Match thread when I do it. Enjoy the Northern Lights, I saw them in Alaska up near the Artic Circle a few years ago and they were spectacular!!! Cannot see us playing Charlton living up to what you will be watching!!

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - Washington - 10-04-2015

8 corners

HAAHA

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - madsteve - 10-04-2015

7 Corners

HDAHA

The bastard in the black is Darren Bond from Lancashire. He should be fresh in our mind as he has a real bastard in his last outing refereeing Wednesday.

Here are our results with him in charge:

Feb 15 - Derby 3-2 Wednesday - 4Y 1R - sent Westwood off as Derby put ball in net
Sept 14 - Wednesday 1-1 Ipswich - 2Y - allowed controversial Ipswich equaliser
Feb 14 - Wednesday 0-1 Derby - 6Y

Former referee, Jeff Winter, described Darren Bond as weak and easily taken for a mug by time wasting tactics.

Should be fun.

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - Thurnscoe_OWL - 10-04-2015

I saw the northern lights in Finland about 12 years ago now. Remember trying to take pictures of it on an old disposable camera but being upset when they came out shit Laugh

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - Southeyowl - 10-04-2015

DAAHA
8 Corners!

I predict that I will manage 4 pints in the Jubilee before the match! I will be asleep by the 23rd minute and busting for a piss by the 42nd.

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - Owlkev71 - 10-04-2015

11 Corners

HAAHA

TICKETS ARE £10 & £5.

RE: Match Thread v Charlton - Towinjustonce - 10-04-2015

6 corners

H, D, A, H, A

Went to Iceland a few years back to see the Northern lights. Got there and could see f--- all. Weather was to bad. Great country thou !!