Sports Babble - sports forum
Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half (/showthread.php?tid=12)

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 26-11-2014

Steven Pressley says that he would like Madine for another month. SG doesn't intend to give him a chance so it is probably best that he stays there & gets games.

Villa have said that they will let Darren Bent go out on loan to get some games. There is a goalscorer SG. Have you got the pulling power to get him?

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Towinjustonce - 26-11-2014

Don't be daft MS !!! SG doesn't know what a goal scorer is !!!

As for Madine, Pressley recognises that there is potentially a goal scorer in there and willing to give him a go. Unlike us.

On another thing is Madines contract up at the end of the season ?? Another player we won't get a fee for Doh

(26-11-2014, 11:57)Towinjustonce Wrote: Don't be daft MS !!! SG doesn't know what a goal scorer is !!!

As for Madine, Pressley recognises that there is potentially a goal scorer in there and willing to give him a go. Unlike us.

On another thing is Madines contract up at the end of the season ?? Another player we won't get a fee for  Doh

I did once that Madine will play in the PL before Wednesday do. Let's put it this way, Wednesday won't play in the PL in the next three years. I just hate the thought of us letting Madine go for free then he scores 20 goals for someone else next season then fans will say that he was never that good for us (Grant Holt???).

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheffield-wednesday-stuart-gray-s-wary-of-wigan-athletic-1-6972309

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Remie-Streete-wanted-Blackpool/story-24725814-detail/story.html

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Thurnscoe_OWL - 26-11-2014

Do we need another CB? I don't think we do Doh

Regards Madine, I'd give him another year contract but leave him at Coventry until January

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - St Charles Owl - 26-11-2014

I would be surprsed if Streete came to us. Newcastle will want him to be playing wherever he goes and surely for us he would be back up only. What is the situation with Zayette, is he still injured??

Madine has tweeted today that judging him on eleven Championship starts over two & a half years isn't fair.

We missed out on Darren Bent. He chose Brighton.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Thurnscoe_OWL - 26-11-2014

seen the Madine tweets. He's obviously being abused by some stupid twats on twatter Doh He hasn't had a proper chance with us since we were promoted BUT he was also on trial and in jail which obviously affected his chances

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 27-11-2014

(26-11-2014, 20:16)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: seen the Madine tweets. He's obviously being abused by some stupid twats on twatter Doh He hasn't had a proper chance with us since we were promoted BUT he was also on trial and in jail which obviously affected his chances

I suspect that we will never see the best of Madine.

There are a fair percentage of Wednesday fans who don't like Madine & will pretty much do what it takes to drive him out. He hasn't helped himself with his off the field behaviour but this season he has tried to buckle down & in his limited appearances, he has played well.

He has gone to Coventry and scored two & got an assist in four matches but whatever he does there will not satisfy the haters, who will say that L1 is his level. While Nuhui is a slightly below average SBC striker, I have no idea how good Madine can be. He has played to a similar standard to Nuhui so far, I cannot help but think that there is a lot more to come if he is given a prolonged opportunity.

After promotion, DJ sidelined Madine, first in favour of COG then Bothroyd, Sidibe, Wickham & Howard. His final start under DJ was his best at this level where he was MOTM against Barnsley & scoring a goal. SG has only given him one start in his year as manager (v Watford). He did well in that match & in the 45 minutes he got at Leeds but I always felt that SG only played him so he could say that he had given him a chance so he could discard him with impunity.

SG's judgement has to be questioned. GTF added nothing. Hope added nothing yet still Madine hasn't had a real chance. COG has still played over 50% more minutes for Wednesday at this level than Madine while Nuhui has over four times as many SBC minutes as Madine. Even short term loan players like Wickham & Lita have had more play time than Madine. Wierd that we gave Madine another chance after his jail time yet haven't given him a chance to prove himself on the pitch.

I think his best chance is to knuckle down at Coventry, score more goals & either get a transfer or hope that SG gets sacked & he gets a real chance at Wednesday. Otherwise, I see another player with potential leaving for free in the summer to be replaced by the next GTF.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 27-11-2014

(27-11-2014, 15:41)Imre varadi Wrote: Madine isnt that good and not worth me typing about truth be told  Whistle  but as im superior i must write this down  Thumb up  he has had chances  Doh  maybe not many ? but he has had them .. he missed the boat on these times he had the chances  Thumb down  he played bad 50% of these games and played ok on the other 50% of these games both last season and this season . he has scored about 2 goals in this time !! and the 1 that i can remember was aginst Notts county . his attitude for these games also has been 50 % good  Thumb up and 50% bad  Thumb down  allthough his attitude has impressed me more this season  Thumb up  is he worth another contract ? id say its 50-50 Undecided is nuhui better than him ? id say yes because he scores more and puts a better shift in !! is lavery better than him ? yes by a country mile  Thumb up  is may better than him ? again yes by 5,000 country miles  Thumb up  do we need another striker ? i think we have the perfect match in Lavery and may if we can get them playing together  Thumb up  and Nuhui as the JP coming on and breaking teeth for the last 20 minutes will see us ok  Thumb up  but all this depends on the manager and i cant see SG playing lavery and may  Doh

I have seen every minute of every match that Madine has played for Wednesday except for one cup tie at Southampton and a six minute sub appearance & I cannot honestly say how good he is at this level because every time he looks promising, he has been dropped. He is certainly at least as good as Nuhui & a fair way ahead of Lavery at the moment. I would say that May has more promise but hasn't delivered (May has had more league starts at this level than Madine over two & a half years).

Lavery is more of a cover for May than a natural partner. Again, I have seen all of Lavery's games & apart from coming on as a sub when 4-0 up against ten men, he hasn't looked up to this standard. There is hope because he is young but he is still behind Madine's standard.