Sports Babble - sports forum
Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half (/showthread.php?tid=12)

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Maddix - 12-11-2014

What everybody seems to be missing is that Chedward has served the time handed to him by the British justice system, right or wrong, and the parole board. I'm not condoning his actions on that night, but what is he supposed to do now as part of his rehabilitation ? Drive a bus Huh which he's not qualified for Huh go on benefits so that we can all whinge about scroungers Huh work at Asda Huh

Take it from another angle, we let Peter Swan back in after he'd done his time Doh

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 12-11-2014

(12-11-2014, 01:05)Maddix Wrote: What everybody seems to be missing is that Chedward has served the time handed to him by the British justice system, right or wrong, and the parole board. I'm not condoning his actions on that night, but what is he supposed to do now as part of his rehabilitation ? Drive a bus  Huh which he's not qualified for  Huh go on benefits so that we can all whinge about scroungers  Huh work at Asda  Huh  

Take it from another angle, we let Peter Swan back in after he'd done his time  Doh

Sure he is allowed to play but no club is obligated to give him a job. Shame on the club that does.

Don't forget that he will be on the Sex Offenders List for several years yet.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Owlkev71 - 12-11-2014

Lee Hughes and that Plymouth lad both played after being jailed, and people died in there cases.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - St Charles Owl - 12-11-2014

I have no problem with him being eligible to work again after serving his time and like Lee Hughes there will be some club who are willing to take the risk on him, but they had better be prepared to take a ton of flak and as MS said be able to cope with the media service. I certainly wouldn't want him at S6, not because he was a blunt but because of the crime he comitted.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Owlkev71 - 12-11-2014

Keiran Westwood has withdrawn from the Ireland squad due to minor hip injury.

Gives him 10 days to rest up before the next match.

United's short sponsor (John Holland) have said that they will reconsider their relationship with United if the rapist signs for them.

Charlie Webster has resigned as a patron of Sheffield United.

Adidas say theirs is a business relationship and the club are free to make all footballing decisions.

McCabe says he wants to sign Evans.

The Saudi part owner says he doesn't want a rapist at his club

Jessica Ennis says "Just bank with Santandar. Sheffield United - Who?"

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - peiowl - 12-11-2014

I definitely would not want a convicted rapist playing for my team, especially one who is unrepentant.

There is no comparison to what Peter Swann did, which one might describe as a white collar crime, and what Evans has done.

Allowing someone like that, again I emphasize the unrepentant component, to play for a club is sending the wrong message out there to all the women who are victims of violence.

I agree with the MP Blomfield who has said it's about time people started to look at the real victim here, the young woman who has suffered during and after the assault perpetrated on her.

(12-11-2014, 17:39)peiowl Wrote: I definitely would not want a convicted rapist playing for my team, especially one who is unrepentant.

There is no comparison to what Peter Swann did, which one might describe as a white collar crime, and what Evans has done.

Allowing someone like that, again I emphasize the unrepentant component, to play for a club is sending the wrong message out there to all the women who are victims of violence.

I agree with the MP Blomfield who has said it's about time people started to look at the real victim here, the young woman who has suffered during and after the assault perpetrated on her.

If Wednesday sign this rapist, I would not buy another ticket again.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - peiowl - 12-11-2014

Don't think they'd be that daft MS. But, if that unlikely scenario were to arise I'd be horrified not because he's a blunt but because he is a rapist who thinks he's done nothing wrong.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Was Wereham Owl - 12-11-2014

And another point all the other players mentioned (apart from swann) were accidental, I'm sure Evens didn't trip up and ACCIDENTALLY fall up the girl !!