Sports Babble - sports forum
Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half (/showthread.php?tid=12)

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 04:07)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 01:08)madsteve Wrote: We don't need Colin & we don't need SG.

Who do we need??  For me that is the big question!!

We need to set up a system where the coach becomes less important so we can make changes which don't add to our costs or affect our results adversely. Maybe look at the Ajax model.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 09-11-2014

Another bleak goal less 90 minutes as we move ever closer to relegation.

At what point will MM pull the trigger on SG?

Now, Five points above relegation?

Three points above relegation (December)?

One Point above relegation (January)?

In bottom three (February)?

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Towinjustonce - 10-11-2014

I think it could be more of who is available that will determine when MM will get someone new in. He left DJ in the job to long last time and missed out on potential managers who were not working so I don't think he will let that happen again. Once DJ was gone there was no real candidates and in turn SG got the job.

If results keep going the way they are I can see Rosler, Pearce and Adkins out of a job. I wouldn't want Pearce but the other two would be a step forward. As someone said on another thread Pulis would do a job. At the minute who is out there ?? The usual Owen Coyle. Or maybe up and coming Sherwood or Billy McKinlay. Would any of them come here is the question ??

Or maybe that DOF role but I can't see that working now with SG handing over the reigns after nearly a year in charge.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 10-11-2014

(10-11-2014, 11:53)Towinjustonce Wrote: I think it could be more of who is available that will determine when MM will get someone new in. He left DJ in the job to long last time and missed out on potential managers who were not working so I don't think he will let that happen again. Once DJ was gone there was no real candidates and in turn SG got the job.

If results keep going the way they are I can see Rosler, Pearce and Adkins out of a job. I wouldn't want Pearce but the other two would be a step forward. As someone said on another thread Pulis would do a job. At the minute who is out there ?? The usual Owen Coyle. Or maybe up and coming Sherwood or Billy McKinlay. Would any of them come here is the question ??

Or maybe that DOF role but I can't see that working now with SG handing over the reigns after nearly a year in charge.

Sherwood, Phelan or Rosler strike me as decent options rather than going for a 50+ manager that has failed several times.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - peiowl - 10-11-2014

Still think Colin could do a job for us.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Towinjustonce - 10-11-2014

Sherwood and Rosler, fair enough. But why Phelan ?? I must admit I don't know much about him only his link to Man U. His name was mentioned on here before SG got the job, now I could be wrong here but he still hasn't got a job since. I don't know what he is doing maybe he has been working but if not he has been 18 plus months out of the game. No one has taken a chance on him so why should we ?? Would he be good enough ??

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Southeyowl - 10-11-2014

Has Rosler been sacked?

would Sherwood drop to a struggling Championship team?

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 10-11-2014

My view is that we shouldn't restrict our choice to the usual list of failed managers.

Most clubs won't go with an unproven manager which means picking the best from a bunch of failures. That is probably partly why no-one has given Mike Phelan a go. I would rather go with Phelan than someone who has failed elsewhere. I think Sherwood is looking for better than Wednesday but he might have to lower his sights. It is rumoured that Rosler has one match to save his job at Wigan so could come available although Brentford's continued success since he left makes you wonder if Warburton was the one making it happen.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - St Charles Owl - 10-11-2014

(10-11-2014, 14:39)Southeyowl Wrote: Has Rosler been sacked?

would Sherwood drop to a struggling Championship team?

I would imagine that after Sherwood was fired from the Spurs position he would have hoped to get another job in the prem, but the goodwill he had on his side due to the circumstances of the sacking has long since expired!! If he wants to raise his profile and get his reputation back on the up then he is going to have to get back into the game and the Championship is the place he is likely to have to do it. We might be a struggling side but the potential is there for someone to make use of, and we would still command a few column inches in the national papers if he was to come to us.

(10-11-2014, 14:53)madsteve Wrote: My view is that we shouldn't restrict our choice to the usual list of failed managers.

Most clubs won't go with an unproven manager which means picking the best from a bunch of failures. That is probably partly why no-one has given Mike Phelan a go. I would rather go with Phelan than someone who has failed elsewhere. I think Sherwood is looking for better than Wednesday but he might have to lower his sights. It is rumoured that Rosler has one match to save his job at Wigan so could come available although Brentford's continued success since he left makes you wonder if Warburton was the one making it happen.

I would love to see us go for someone unproven, who has fresh up to date ideas but the reality is that most unproven managers get their first opportunity at a club where they are an assistant and the managers leaves!! Ultimately every manager is a failure somewhere at some point and will get fired, we just have to pick one that can take us forward for the next three years and then see where we are!!

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Was Wereham Owl - 11-11-2014

Sherwood would be a great appointment, tactically aware, young, English , white , and an ex player, just the sort of guy we need, he gets my vote

And PEI , forget Colin .. he's a T W A T !