Sports Babble - sports forum
Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half (/showthread.php?tid=12)

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - peiowl - 06-11-2014

Dicanio??

Get a grip, imre.

We don't need someone who is stark raving bonkers!!!

Do you???? Huh Huh

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Owlkev71 - 06-11-2014

SG has been nattering to the media before the Millers game

SG: "I'm delighted we are at home for this one and I demand a performance from my players."
He does realise we have won only 1 of our last 13 home games
SG: "Stevie May is fully fit and it's a great opportunity for him on the back of his Scotland call-up."
SG: "Hopefully we can give our fans something to cheer about - you can't beat a derby."
SG: "What a game for us on Saturday and the players have to stand up and be counted."
SG: "We had words that needed saying after Tuesday's game and now we need to move on and produce a performance."
SG: "We know we are in a results business and they haven't been good enough."

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 16:06)Owlkev71 Wrote: SG has been nattering to the media before the Millers game

SG: "I'm delighted we are at home for this one and I demand a performance from my players."
He does realise we have won only 1 of our last 13 home games
SG: "Stevie May is fully fit and it's a great opportunity for him on the back of his Scotland call-up."
SG: "Hopefully we can give our fans something to cheer about - you can't beat a derby."
SG: "What a game for us on Saturday and the players have to stand up and be counted."
SG: "We had words that needed saying after Tuesday's game and now we need to move on and produce a performance."

Did he not compare our position with 12 months ago? He doesn't usually forget to mention that one.

(06-11-2014, 17:13)Imre varadi Wrote: Di canio would want promotion and nothing less  Thumb up  and with the attacking players we have he would bring out the goals in the likes of madine & may  Thumb up  not sure nuhui would fit his bill though  Whistle  anyway it would never happen as MM is also a lunatic and he wouldnt want a bigger lunatic than him at the club  Whistle  

But all said and done dicanio doesnt play to draw games  Doh   hes a winner  Thumb up

PDC would be a disaster. No-one would give him any respect as he is a joke throughout football. As much as I think SG is no good, PDC would be the worst possible option.

I understand the FFP regulations have been relaxed after 75% of Championship clubs voted in favour which means that probably only three rather than 14 will face transfer embargos in January.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Thurnscoe_OWL - 06-11-2014

PDC would be an absolutely ridiculously bad replacement, SG just needs to go back to how we were playing pre-man city. Stop being so negative, play the ball on the deck and get the players pushing forward rather than sitting back. Kill teams off, shoot at goal or at least create scoring opportunities

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Was Wereham Owl - 06-11-2014

Di Canio wouldn't be a bad manager , but short term, he would motivate, get players playing, then for me could xxxx off back to the Asylum, then bring in his mate ..Carbone, calmer , but with the same flair and ideas, plus the fact we need a HERO at "illsborough", FFS , Big Ron would do me at the moment, anyone bar this DJ2

Errr, shouldn't you be doing that for EVERY FOOKING GAME !!!

So he will be on the bench again then

again .. like EVERY FOOKIN GAME !!!

Bet the players said more words , like we need to play 4 3 3 you bellend !!

Really , tell us something we don't know !

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Southeyowl - 06-11-2014

Worthington?????

Only joking!

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 21:56)Imre varadi Wrote: i think ms you dont understand my point ? i do realise dicanio is a complete **** nutter and traitor in my eyes at wednesday  Thumb down  but he is a winner and we need to stop harping on about the f cuking long term , as it no longer exsists in football today ffs  Thumb down  managers at best on average are at a team for no longer than a season  Whistle  so he would be the same after some sort of mental goings on  Doh  but he would at least show passion for the season he would be here with us  Thumb up  unlike 2 seasons of irvine jones & sg in the brilliant process of getting us knowhere and only going backwards  Doh  

The fans deserve a team that wins today and not f cuking promises of a future that never comes  Thumb down

Just remind me what PDC as won?

He was at Celtic when they didn't win the league title.

He took Wednesday to the brink of relegation.

He took West Ham to the brink of relegation.

He took Charlton to the brink of relegation.

He took Sunderland to the brink of relegation as a manager though they survived.

His only relative success was at Swindon but when you have a transfer budget more than three time as big as the other 23 teams combined and a wage budget more than double any other team, that is hardly an achievement.

We are being drawn into making the same mistakes that we have made so many times before.

How many good potential good managers are there out there that we could employ?

I can pretty much guarantee you that our next manager will be white, male & have played regular first team football, thereby restricting our choice to a couple of hundred possible candidates of the 61 million that live in the UK.

Maybe we will consider candidates who haven't been regular first team footballers after the success of Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger & Brendan Rogers but I suspect we won't.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Maddix - 07-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 22:29)madsteve Wrote: I can pretty much guarantee you that our next manager will be white, male & have played regular first team football, thereby restricting our choice to a couple of hundred possible candidates of the 61 million that live in the UK.

Maybe we will consider candidates who haven't been regular first team footballers after the success of Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger & Brendan Rogers but I suspect we won't.

So are you saying that we should employ Beyonce Huh or that we should employ somebody who is totally incapable of actually doing the job but will satisfy PC quota's ?

I thought we'd already done that by giving a moron like SG a chance at gainful employment Whistle

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 00:00)Maddix Wrote:
(06-11-2014, 22:29)madsteve Wrote: I can pretty much guarantee you that our next manager will be white, male & have played regular first team football, thereby restricting our choice to a couple of hundred possible candidates of the 61 million that live in the UK.

So are you saying that we should employ Beyonce  Huh or that we should employ somebody who is totally incapable of actually doing the job but will satisfy PC quota's  ?

I thought we'd already done that by giving a moron like SG a chance at gainful employment  Whistle

Wednesday wouldn't have given a chance to Mourinho, Wenger or Rogers. We will just look at those who have failed before.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - St Charles Owl - 07-11-2014

To be fair Madsteve, all three of those you mention are white, male and played regular football!! Mourinho may not have played top tier football, but he earned his coaching and managerial credentials under some of the best coaches around.

If we are to get rid of SG, then personally I would like to see us take a chance on a younger coach who may have just retired from playing, someone like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Getting in an ex-player is a no for me as we always turn legends into failures at S6. The only exception I would make would be Pearson if he were to leave Leicester.