Sports Babble - sports forum
Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half (/showthread.php?tid=12)

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 05-11-2014

Ten points from promotion, five points from relegation and I know which way we are heading. Bolton, Birmingham & Fulham have all picked up with new managers.

If we don't do something soon, the slide will be irreversible.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Towinjustonce - 05-11-2014

The slide is irreversible in my view, obviously unless MM sacks SG and takes his hands out of his pockets with more than just a few pennies in them. Preferably both as one or the other will have us back in the same spot next season.
Or unless a big investor comes in. Which leads me too, how has someone not bought us ?? Is MM just pointing out the faults all the time ?? He says he wants the best for the fans. Well MM here is a bit reality "This is not the best for us fans, it's actually fooking shit."

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - St Charles Owl - 05-11-2014

Thats what I don't get. We are seeing other team get taken over or investment yet we stand still. Even Bolton at 163m in debt have a consortium looking to invest in them!!!!! I do wonder if the Hillsborough inquests are possibly holding investors back, it is by no means clear what will happen if that verdict is changed to an outcome that leaves the club somewhat responsible!! Any lawsuits over that would take years to go through and that cloud will hang over us for another 25 years!!

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - St Charles Owl - 05-11-2014

Problem is after all the government and police cover ups, no one will ever truly look into ALL the causes of the disaster. The fans were at fault in what happened, the culture of turning up late, the drinking before games, the prior trouble that caused the fences to be there in the first place, the fans without tickets etc were all minor causes. Sure the police and others need to take a huge chunk of the blame but the fans (and football fans in general) were not blameless!!

Now though after 25 years and all the shit surrounding this inquest and what the families had to do to get it in the first place means they will imo want to find someone to be responsible for the deaths!! SYP will take the lions share of the blame and rightly so, but the lack of a safety certificate, the standard of the barriers, the god awful turnstiles at that end, the design of the pens on the terrace etc etc will in some ways come down to the club, and if that proves to be the case then we should at least expect 96 civil suits against the club even if we do not see criminal charges as well. Obviously the club has changed owners since then and is effectively a new company but I am not sure how much protection that gives us. I really fear it could be very costly and messy if these verdicts go against us!!

Does anyone out there know enough about the law and could enlighten us as to what may happen if we are found to be negligent??

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 05-11-2014

(05-11-2014, 14:55)Towinjustonce Wrote: The slide is irreversible in my view, obviously unless MM sacks SG and takes his hands out of his pockets with more than just a few pennies in them. Preferably both as one or the other will have us back in the same spot next season.
Or unless a big investor comes in. Which leads me too, how has someone not bought us ?? Is MM just pointing out the faults all the time ?? He says he wants the best for the fans. Well MM here is a bit reality "This is not the best for us fans, it's actually fooking shit."

Sacking SG & bringing in a decent manager will stop the slide. Whether that alone is enough to get us in the hunt for the Playoffs is debateable.

We have increased our wage budget by 20% this season but performances have got worse so money isn't always the answer. It has to used effectively.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Offshore Owl - 05-11-2014

Completely agree and I'm thinking of a bloke who now has a few million in his bank account. If his heart is still in it Wednesday would be the perfect place for him to prove himself after the debacle at OT
I'm referring to Moyes of course.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 06-11-2014

(05-11-2014, 22:32)Offshore Owl Wrote: Completely agree and I'm thinking of a bloke who now has a few million in his bank account. If his heart is still in it Wednesday would be the perfect place for him to prove himself after the debacle at OT
I'm referring to Moyes of course.

This isn't the worst shout in the world. There are others that I would prefer but Moyes would move us forward.

One thing that is certain is that any new manager will be white, male & an ex footballer so that eliminates 99.95% of the possible candidates.

I would have gone for Gary Rowett but he has got the Birmingham job.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Towinjustonce - 06-11-2014

As much as I'd like Moyes here as manager, he will probably end up at Sunderland. If SG is fired he got a 2.5 year contract I think so will need that paid up. That's what I was getting at in an earlier post, a cheap and cheerful manager is likely again and will have us in this same position this time next year. So MM needs to fund a new man too, when he gets rid of SG.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Thurnscoe_OWL - 06-11-2014

You all know what would stop the slide you just wont admit it.,
We all chip in to build a time machine, go back to the Man City game and beg Pellegrini to stop taking the piss at 3-0

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Southeyowl - 06-11-2014

Moyes is wanted by a Spanish team, cant remember which one though!

Damn Alcohol is blurring my memory!

Steve Evans on the Radio today says Wednesdayites have been waiting 2 years for Toytown to come to Hillsborough!

Hide the Doughnuts!