Sports Babble - sports forum
Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half (/showthread.php?tid=12)

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Wellowlbe... - 17-09-2014

No, our guys are beginning to learn where the net is; even Nuhiu is inching towards the sweet spot. We don't need a, let's face it, a journeyman striker added to the wage bill. Remember Boothroyd... better still, don't.
Whistle

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - St Charles Owl - 17-09-2014

(17-09-2014, 00:26)Wellowlbe... Wrote: No, our guys are beginning to learn where the net is; even Nuhiu is inching towards the sweet spot. We don't need a, let's face it, a journeyman striker added to the wage bill. Remember Boothroyd... better still, don't.
Whistle

Its a real shame that Lavery is out for an extended time, the chance to develop one of our own is my preferred option!! May will score goals if we give him service, while not as good as Hirst, he definitely has that fell about him!! Nuhiu will never set the world on fire with regards to scoring goals but will set up a few and holds up the ball very well, its just a shame at the moment that our midfield is not supporting the front two enough.

Once we get Hutch and Lee back we will be a better team but I still think our priority is a midfielder with vision and a bite in the tackle!!

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Maddix - 17-09-2014

Agreed Imre. How old was Hirsty when he was thrown into the mix ? If you are good enough you are old enough and you won't find out by playing for the academy.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - consilio - 17-09-2014

Betra is training with the first team. He'll get his chance

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - dubaiowl - 17-09-2014

Just seen Mays goal against brum. Well its been a long while since we had someone calm in front of goal who takes his time and picks the spot. Can see this boy being a cracking signing.

He looks capable of creating chances for himself. Just imagine how many he'd get with a decent winger in the side

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Chezzie Owl - 17-09-2014

Well when Drenthe gets starting games then we may just see Stevie score more, providing he makes better decisions than Maguire does and JJ & Antonio (at times) used to and not look for glory too much.

I agree now though that Maguire needs to make way for Helan or Hope on Saturday, it doesn't seem to be working for him at the moment...maybe he thinks that he is un-droppable and that the starting place is his and though his work rate seems to have improved his deliveries and work on the ball needs looking at and needs to pass more and not shoot as much as 9 times out of ten from what I hear they go wayward. SG has warned him that he isn't indispensable and has to up his game otherwise he'll find himself on the bench. On Saturday I'd like to see Hope on the right and either Maghoma or Helan on the left....but I feel that with Drenthe unavailable due to his loan conditions it'll be unchanged on the wings with Hope coming on for the last 20-15 mins.

To be fair to Maguire he created the second goal, I didn't realise last night

We don't want our best goalscorer in May playing wide though really. We need him in the box.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 17-09-2014

(17-09-2014, 15:11)Chezzie Owl Wrote: Well when Drenthe gets starting games then we may just see Stevie score more, providing he makes better decisions than Maguire does and JJ & Antonio (at times) used to and not look for glory too much.

I agree now though that Maguire needs to make way for Helan or Hope on Saturday, it doesn't seem to be working for him at the moment...maybe he thinks that he is un-droppable and that the starting place is his and though his work rate seems to have improved his deliveries and work on the ball needs looking at and needs to pass more and not shoot as much as 9 times out of ten from what I hear they go wayward. SG has warned him that he isn't indispensable and has to up his game otherwise he'll find himself on the bench. On Saturday I'd like to see Hope on the right and either Maghoma or Helan on the left....but I feel that with Drenthe unavailable due to his loan conditions it'll be unchanged on the wings with Hope coming on for the last 20-15 mins.

Maguire was involved in setting up both our goals & set up Nuhui for the early chance so it would be rough to drop him after that performance. Maybe he is reacting well to SG's comments.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Chezzie Owl - 17-09-2014

Lets hope so and that it continues as I like Maguire and has it in him Thumb up