Sports Babble - sports forum
Planning ahead - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet League Two (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Forum: Grimsby Town (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=208)
+----- Thread: Planning ahead (/showthread.php?tid=11454)

Pages: 1 2

Planning ahead - themaclad - 15-06-2022

Grimsby Town have signed FC Halifax Town defender Niall Maher on a two-year contract.

The 26-year-old played 43 times for the Shaymen last season but turned down a new deal with the National League side.

Maher is the Mariners' first signing since they won promotion back to the Football League earlier this month.

"I think he is excited about the prospect of joining us and I am delighted to have him on board," boss Paul Hurst told the club website.

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 17-06-2022

Grimsby Town defender Luke Waterfall has signed a new two-year deal.

The 31-year-old scored nine goals in 46 appearances in all competitions last season as the Mariners secured an immediate return to League Two.

"I am absolutely delighted to spend another two years at the football club," he told the club website.

"It's a club that's going forward quickly with the new owners and obviously the manager [Paul Hurst], Chris Doig and the rest of the staff."

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 17-06-2022

Grimsby Town have signed Harrogate Town striker Danilo Orsi on a two-year deal, while defender Luke Waterfall extends his stay for the same length of time.

Orsi, 26, scored six goals in 14 games for the Sulphurites and then joined Boreham Wood on loan in January.

He previously spent time in American college football, and played non-league in England before joining Harrogate.

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 20-06-2022

Grimsby Town right-back Michee Efete has signed a new two-year deal to keep him at Blundell Park until 2024.

Efete, 25, played 30 matches in his first season at the club, helping the Mariners win promotion to League Two.

Injury saw him miss the play-offs and he believes he has much more to offer when the new campaign gets under way.

"I want to get fitter and stronger for the new season because I feel like I only showed the fans half of what I can do," he told the club website.

"Hopefully, over the years to come, you will get to see my full potential."

Grimsby sign Orsi and extend Waterfall deal
Town boss Paul Hurst said Efete "was a threat" last season and hopes the player will recover in time for the start of pre-season.

"Michee offers a lot to us going forward, with his athleticism and pace," he added. "We hope he'll continue to develop with us, albeit now in the EFL, which will be a new challenge for him."

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 24-06-2022

Grimsby Town striker Ryan Taylor has signed a new one-year deal.

The 34-year-old joined from Newport last summer and scored nine goals in 41 games in all competitions as they won promotion back to League Two.

"I'm really pleased that Ryan has agreed to stay - I think the deal works well for both parties," boss Paul Hurst told the club website.

"His experience will be vital next season and he'll be able to pass his knowledge on to the rest of the group.

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 27-06-2022

Grimsby Town have signed attacking midfielder Stephen Wearne on a one-year deal, following his release by Sunderland at the end of last season.

The 21-year-old, who joined the Black Cats from Middlesbrough in 2019, scored two goals in three EFL Trophy games while at the Stadium of Light.

Wearne also scored three goals in 14 games on loan to National League side Torquay United last term.

"I had a few offers, but I was waiting for one which felt right," Wearne said.

"I had a phone call with the gaffer [Paul Hurst], and I really liked his ambition so, as soon as I put the phone down, I knew this was where I wanted to be."

"I watched the play-off games last season and I'm excited to experience the same togetherness the group had. Also, the football was dead exciting as well so I'm looking forward to being part of it."

Hurst added to the club website: "Stephen is an attacking player who can play in the wide areas, behind a striker or as a more attack-minded midfielder."

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 28-06-2022

Defender Danny Amos has signed a new one-year contract at Grimsby Town, following a successful short-term deal.

The 22-year-old played 21 games following his January move, helping the Mariners back into the English Football League through the play-offs.

Sheffield-born Amos, who represented Northern Ireland Under-21s, previously played for Doncaster and Port Vale.

"I knew I only had six months but I was fully focused on helping the club get promotion," Amos told the club website.

"I wasn't thinking about contracts at the time. But luckily the gaffer [Paul Hurst] showed faith in me and I'm now buzzing to put pen to paper."

Hurst added: "He thought it might have taken him a little bit of time to get up to speed, but, in fairness to him, he was in good shape and fitted in brilliantly with the group.

"He's a nice lad with a good character about him. He obviously did very well for us and played his part in helping us achieve promotion."

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 29-06-2022

rimsby Town have signed former Burnley left-back Anthony Glennon.

The 22-year-old returns to Blundell Park on a two-year deal having been on loan during the 2019-20 season on loan.

He played 12 times for the Mariners before the National League season was cut short by the Covid-19 pandemic.

He was released by Burnley last month having come up through the club's academy system - he made three cup appearances for the club but did not feature in the Premier League.

He played 16 times for Barrow while on loan in the second half of last season, scoring once in the FA Cup.

"Anthony is a player who'll be familiar to our fans after being on loan here previously," Grimsby boss Paul Hurst told the club website.

"Obviously, I haven't worked with him before, but I know he impressed when he was last here.

"Another factor which is important to me is his character. Everyone I've spoken to talks highly about the way he trains and his commitment to his job. "

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 03-07-2022

Grimsby Town have signed midfielder Otis Khan from Leyton Orient on a two-year deal.

The 26-year-old made 20 appearances for the east London club, having joined them from Walsall on an 18-month deal in January this year.

"I'm happy to be here, I'm happy to get it over the line and I can't wait to get started," he said.

"There's a real buzz about the club, there are a lot of good players and I'm looking forward to contributing."

RE: Planning ahead - themaclad - 16-07-2022

Grimsby Town have signed Halifax midfielder Kieran Green for an undisclosed fee and former Burton Albion midfielder Bryn Morris.

Green, 25, has signed a two-year deal after two seasons with the Shaymen.

Morris, 26, ended last season on loan in League Two with Hartlepool United and has signed a one-year contract.

Both players could make their debuts for the Mariners when they start their League Two campaign at Leyton orient on Saturday, 30 July.